Using the Conceptual Framework
Suggestions for further reading in the supplementary chapter on school improvement and CPD will be very helpful here.
Two books which analyse and apply teacher expertise in primary school contexts are:
- Eaude, T. (2012) How Do Expert Primary Class teachers Really Work? A Critical Guide for Teachers, Headteachers and Teacher Educators, Northwich: Critical Publishing. (Reading 16.3)
- Sangster, M. (2012) Developing Teacher Expertise: Exploring Key Issues in Primary Practice, London: Bloomsbury Academic.
In secondary education, expertise is applied in the context of particular subjects. There are many guides, but for more specific treatment, see:
- Goodwyn, A. The Expert Teacher of English, London: Routledge.
- Li, Y. and Kaiser, G. (2010) Expertise in Mathematics Instruction, London: Springer.
- Tsui, A. (2003) Understanding Expertise in Teaching: Case Studies of Second Language Teachers, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
A digital version of the Conceptual Framework is available on this website here.