Pedagogy, knowledge and learning
Over the years, there have been many excellent overviews of pedagogy and practical teaching strategies and skills. Among the best are:
- Simon, B. (1981) ‘Why no pedagogy in Englland,’ In B. Simon & W. Tayler (Eds) Education in the eighties, London: Batsford Education.
- Manen, M. van (1991) The Tact of Teaching: the maning of pedagogical thoughtfulness, Lnond Onatrir: The Althouse Press.
- Friere, P. (2000) Pedagogy of the Oppressed, Lonon: Continuum
- Britzman, D. (2003) Practice makes Practice: a Critical Study of Learning to Teach, Albany: State University of New York
- Sotto, E. (2007) When Teaching Becomes Learning, London: Continuum.
- Kyriacou, C. (2009) Effective Teaching in Schools: Theory and Practice, Cheltenham: Nelson Thornes.
- Petty, G. (2009) Teaching Today: A Practical Guide, Cheltenham: Nelson Thornes
A book which focuses specifically on teacher education is:
- Evans, M. (Ed) (2012) Teacher Education and Pedagogy: Theory, Policy and Practice, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.