About the book
Content coming soon!
The book you can trust to guide you through your career in the early years, as the expert authors share tried and tested techniques in a range of early years settings. For this new edition, Jennifer Colwell and Amanda Ince have drawn together an expert author team to bring you expert guidance from top practitioners, in the form of a text that is both cohesive and that continues to evolve to meet the needs of today’s early years practitioners. It is designed for trainees whether in universities or early years settings and looks across the full early years spectrum, from birth to 8 years old.
Reflective Teaching in Early Education uniquely provides two levels of support:
- Practical, evidence-based guidance on key early years issues – including relationships, behaviour, inclusion, curriculum planning and learning, and teaching strategies
- Evidence-informed ‘principles’ and 'concepts' to help you to understand the theories informing practice, offering ways for you to continue to develop your skills and understanding of early years practice in early childhood education and care
New to this edition:
- Lesson Study Cases which illustrate the impact Reflective Teaching can have on your practice and your setting
- New Reflective Activities
- Updated references and guidance on Key Readings
- Updates to reflect recent changes in curriculum and assessment across the UK