To explore the extent to which sharing learning intentions influences feelings of engagement
To explore the extent to which sharing learning intentions or success criteria influences feelings of engagement for students.
The simple method here is to ask the students. Having taught a session, , select a small group of students – ask them some or all of the following:
- What was the session mainly about?
- What did they think that they were supposed to be learning and what did they think that they learned?
- Do they see any connections with other work that they have done in the same module?
- Do they see any connections with work that they have done in other modules?
- Did they enjoy the session?
- If the session was being taught again to a similar group how could it be improved?
Review what you have learned about the students' views. What are the implications for the future?