To explore learning and teaching strategies
To explore learning and teaching strategies.
Lucas, Spencer and Claxton (2012), outline several Learning and Teaching strategies used within vocational education that help educators avoid teaching in narrow or instrumental ways. Under each heading write a couple of sentences that indicate how you could specifically use the strategy in your own practice.
- Learning by watching
- Learning by imitating
- Learning by practising (‘trial and error’)
- Learning through feedback
- Learning through conversation
- Learning by teaching and helping
- Learning by real-world problem-solving
- Learning through enquiry
- Learning by thinking critically and producing knowledge
- Learning by listening, transcribing and remembering
- Learning by drafting and sketching
- Learning by reflecting
- Learning on the fly
- Learning by being coached
- Learning by competing
- Learning through virtual environments
- Learning through simulation and role play
- Learning through games.