Evaluating current vocational learning practice
Work with a colleague to consider the following questions:
- How will you develop learning support materials that individual students can access according to their needs?
- How will you establish support structures that allow students to identify the work-based ‘learning opportunities’ to help them build portfolios containing the right kind of evidence?
- How will you balance the desire to meet employers and students’ preferences with the need to ensure the students are engaged in a coherent and rich programme of study?
- How will you give students opportunities to participate in whole-group and small-group discussion to discuss problems?
- How will you give students opportunities to work collaboratively, using joint practice development, on problem-solving and problem-finding?
Developed from Huddleston, P. and Unwin, L. (2007) Teaching and Learning in Further Education: Diversity and Change. 3rd edn. London. Routledge.