Recording incidents of ongoing ‘problem’ behaviour
Keep a record of when you experience difficult or challenging behaviour. Use the checklist below to help you identify the characteristics of the situation
- When exactly does the disruption occur?
- Is it random or regular?
- Is there a pattern with a particular student?
- Is there a pattern regarding a particular task?
- Is there a pattern with a particular teacher?
- What exactly happens?
- Is it a verbal reaction?
- Is it a physical reaction?
- What are the effects?
- On the student, the teacher?
- On the class, the organization?
- Do others join in, ignore, retaliate?